Damp proofing, also called waterproofing, is a special type of moisture control used to prevent moisture from entering interior spaces. The basement is a common area of the home that needs damp proofing to avoid mold and mildew growth and a slew of additional problems that can ruin your home quickly. If you want to avoid structural damage and potential damage to your belongings, damp proofing is a service you need.
When you hire a company for damp proofing, the damp proofing specialists will come to your home to evaluate the spaces in which water may enter your home. Then, the specialists will discuss with you the findings of their evaluation, as well as the various options for damp proofing the home. Together, you’ll develop the best method of damp proofing your home and have few worries on your mind.
Types of Damp Proofing
There are a few ways to damp proof your home, each offering pros and cons to evaluate before starting the job. Types of damp proofing available include:
· Damp Proof Course: This is a barrier that is built through the structure that prevents moisture from rising.
· Damp Proof Membrane: This damp proofing process uses a membrane material to prevent the transmission of moisture. Polyethylene sheeting under concrete slabs is one example of Damp proof membranes.
· Cavity Wall Construction: A rainscreen other similar structure is another method of damp proofing. This is one of the most intensive measures, as it requires the interior walls be separated.
· Surface Coating: Surface coating is one of the most commonly used types of dam proofing used by homeowners. The damp proofing uses thin waterproof materials to resist pressure against non-pressurized moisture.
· Pressure Grouting: This is a type of damp proofing that repairs cracks and joints that occur in masonry work.
These methods of damp proofing are just some of the options available to homeowners who wish to damp proof their homes and add the protection and added value this task brings. If your home isn’t damp proofed already, it is time to make changes.
What’s the Cost of Damp Proofing?
Costs of damp proofing the home vary. It’s best to request free estimates and compare rates with three to four companies, at a minimum, to find the best price for the job. Although rates vary considerably, it’s rather simple to find a company that will get the job done at a price that doesn’t rob you blind. What is certain is the costs of damp proofing the home are far less than the risks of leaving the home without the protective barriers.
Damp proofing a home is a task that homeowners shouldn’t wait any longer to complete. It is a valuable job that adds superior protection, peace of mind, and added value to the home. If you want to maintain your home at its best for a long time to come, it is a good idea that you get in touch with a specialist and schedule damp proofing service without delay.